Thursday, June 11, 2015

Love/PRIDE Mural at Ong King Hawaii

Aloha Friends,

This mural took place over three days and was commissioned for Ong King's June 2015 Pride celebration.  I am so very honored to be invited to paint this mural because gay pride and LGBTIQ+ rights are something I feel very passionately about. Love is love. Period. Painting this mural allows me to be an ally and an artist at the same time! 

ONG KING Arts Center's mission is to make a sustainable art community. It is a space for creative risk taking, and artistic mastery located in downtown chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii.

A sustainable art community, exits in mutual support and inspiration of all involved. It depends upon the innovation of the art, the artist, and its positive effect on the community. The ability of the artist to take a chance on learning, or discovering something new, creates a constant cycle of teaching and learning. Every moment at Ong King is a stop in the cycle. Performances reveal work, classes provide guidance, and the space is electrified with growth. Here one can both become humble and try something new, and/or attain new levels of artistic mastery through practice and criticism.

Mahalo for looking! I am going to be painting a few more murals for Ong King in the future so if you have any suggestions or stories to share I'd love to hear it! Write me a comment or send me a message! Mahalo!


***

Love/PRIDE timelapse:




Film Stills:










***


Don't forget to follow me on instagram if you'd like!



Mahalo for looking!
Boz Schurr



All work is copyright 2015 Boz Schurr. Please do not use without my permission. Mahalo!


No comments:

Post a Comment