Thursday, May 21, 2015

"Laniakea Beach" (Places Close to Home)

Aloha Friends!

I have just finished my second piece in my new series Places Close to Home 

Artist Statement: Places Close to Home are the places and events that one might experience that help define who they are and where they fall On the Spectrum.

Laniakea Beach, also known as Turtle Beach (not to be confused with Turtle Bay) has been a favorite place of mine on Oahu since I first moved here in 2008. It's a beautiful place where you can see gorgeous sea, endless sky and, more than likely, a sea turtle sunning him or herself on the beach. Every time I drive to the North Shore I have to pull over to soak in the view, it's worth it every time (even when it's raining!). Mahalo for looking!







"Laniakea Beach"
2015
Pencil on Paper
9" x 12"



Details:



*** 



Don't forget to follow me on instagram if you'd like!




Mahalo for looking!
Boz Schurr




All work is copyright 2015 Boz Schurr. Please do not use without my permission. Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment