Friday, July 27, 2012

Birth to Death

So these are the latest pieces I've got going on. I haven't been able to post too much lately, been busy busy busy (but everyone says that so are we really *that* busy?) Anyway, this is what I'm working on. Still thinking about death and mortality but now trying to think about it in the context of life and living. So here we go. The last piece was actually supposed to be "death" but when I finished it this morning it didn't feel dead, just a little older. So it became an extension of life (life continued), which to me makes so much more sense to me. If you look at Life and then at Life Continued, the first piece looks brighter, younger, more hopeful, while the next piece still looks bright, just more grayed, more mature. Certainly not dead. So I guess that means I'll have to draw another piece to finish this out *sigh* ;)

"Birth to Death (Birth)"

Pencil on Paper

24" x 12" 2012

"Birth to Death (Life)"

Pencil on Paper

24" x 12" 2012

"Birth to Death (Life Continued)"

Pencil on Paper

24" x 12" 2012

Thanks for looking! Best, Boz

No comments:

Post a Comment