Sunday, August 23, 2015

"Fujinomori Shrine" (Places Close to Home Series)

Aloha Friends,

I've finished another piece in my "Places Close to Home" Series. Although this is a small one I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. This past spring I went to Japan and the place I stayed at near Mt. Fuji, a little town that you could walk across in 15 minutes, was the most magical and charming place I've ever stayed. Fujinomori was truly exceptional. It's not one of the usual Fuji Five Lakes places to stay but since we had clear skies I think it offered an amazing view. Next time I'll be climbing you Mt. Fuji!

Mahalo for looking! (P.S. Where should I travel to next? What place should I explore and become close to? suggestions are always welcome!)


***

Fujinomori Shrine
2015
Pancil on Paper
12" x 9"
$200 (unframed)





Artist Statement:

"Places Close To Home" is a collection of drawings and paintings that explore home as not necessarily a physical place, but as a feeling and an experience. This series is closely tied to the "On The Spectrum" series. Places Close to Home are the places and events that one might experience that helps define who they are and where they fall "On The Spectrum."

We are made of many parts, parts to our personalities, our bodies, and as one part to the rest of the world. "Vivre sans temps mort et jouir sans entrave" (Live without wasted time and enjoy without hindrance)


Details:





***



Don't forget to follow me on instagram if you'd like!



Mahalo for looking!
Boz Schurr


All work is copyright 2015 Boz Schurr. Please do not use without my permission. Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment